Another NFL Sunday has come and gone with Week 15 now in the books just short of Monday night’s collision between the Los Angeles Rams and the Green Bay Packers.
With the number of games remaining on the schedule beginning to dwindle, every game becomes progressively more vital in the race for the playoffs.
For former Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray and the Los Angeles Chargers, Sunday presented a huge battle between postseason hopefuls with the Tennessee Titans making the trip out west.
Despite being banged up on the defensive side of the ball and facing off with arguably the league’s best running back in Derrick Henry, the Chargers defense rose to the challenge with Murray playing a key role.
Los Angeles held Tennessee to just 284 yards of total offense and a measly 14 points to give Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert and the LA offense a late chance to try and win the game – to which they obliged by racing down the field for a game-winning field goal in the final seconds.
Murray, who is in the midst of a big bounce back season, played his role at a high level on Sunday finishing third on the team in tackles with seven – one of which coming for loss while also adding in a pass deflection.
With several star players in and out of the lineup throughout the year, Murray has been a steady force on Los Angeles’ defense and has helped them currently reside in an AFC playoff spot at 8-6.
While there is certainly still loads of work to be done, if the Chargers want to reach the postseason they will likely need Murray to keep up his production.
At the conclusion of this weekend’s action, the former Sooner is third on the team in total tackles and fourth in tackles for loss.
For LA’s defense to perform at its best, Murray will need to continue to play well – which is likely just as he would like it.
Next up, Murray and the Chargers will hit the road and head to Indianapolis to take on the Colts next Monday night at 7:15 p.m. CT.
As for the rest of the Sooners in the NFL, here is a recap of how they did in Week 15:
(L 24-15 at Denver)
- WR Marquise Brown: 4 receptions on 8 targets for 19 yards
- OL Cody Ford: Saw playing time in a reserve role
- OL Marquis Hayes: DNP (Practice Squad)
- QB Kyler Murray: DNP (IR List)
(L 21-18 at New Orleans)
- DL Amani Bledsoe: DNP (Practice Squad)
(L 13-3 at Cleveland on Saturday)
- TE Mark Andrews: 3 receptions on 7 targets for 31 yards
- OL Ben Powers: Started at left guard
(W 32-29 vs Miami on Saturday)
- DL Jordan Phillips: DNP (Inactive)
(W 34-23 at Tampa Bay)
- RB Joe Mixon: 11 rushes for 21 yards, 5 receptions on 6 targets for 33 yards
- RB Samaje Perine: 7 rushes for 24 yards, 1 reception on 1 target for 0 yards
(W 13-3 vs Baltimore on Saturday)
- DE Isaiah Thomas: DNP (Inactive)
- DL Perrion Winfrey: 1 solo tackle, 1 assisted tackle, 0.5 sacks, 1 quarterback hurry
- WR Mike Woods: 1 reception on 2 targets for 4 yards, 1 rush for -5 yards
(L 40-34 OT at Jacksonville)
- LB Devante Bond: DNP (Practice Squad)
- DT Neville Gallimore: 2 assisted tackles
- WR CeeDee Lamb: 7 receptions on 7 targets for 126 yards, 1 rush for 1 yard
(W 24-15 vs Arizona)
Scroll to Continue
- OLB Nik Bonitto: 1 assisted tackle
- S Delarrin Turner-Yell: Saw playing time in a reserve role, no tackle
(L 30-24 OT vs Kansas City)
- DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: 1 solo tackle
Kansas City Chiefs
(W 30-24 OT at Houston)
- TE Blake Bell: DNP (IR List)
- OT Orlando Brown: Started at left tackle
- C Creed Humphrey: Started at center
- LS James Winchester: Served as long snapper for 8 snaps
Las Vegas Raiders
(W 30-24 vs New England)
- LB Curtis Bolton: 1 assisted tackle
Los Angeles Chargers
(W 17-14 vs Tennessee)
- LB Kenneth Murray: 4 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass deflection
Los Angeles Rams
(at Green Bay on Monday Night)
- QB Baker Mayfield:
- OL Bobby Evans:
(W 39-36 vs Indianapolis on Saturday)
- LB Brian Asamoah: 4 solo tackles, 4 assisted tackles
New England Patriots
(L 30-24 at Las Vegas)
- OLB Ronnie Perkins: DNP (IR List)
- RB Rhamondre Stevenson: 19 rushes for 172 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 receptions on 3 targets for -4 yards
New York Giants
(W 20-12 at Washington)
- DB Tony Jefferson: 2 solo tackles, 1 pass deflection
- WR Sterling Shepard: DNP (IR List)
New York Jets
(L 20-17 vs Detroit)
- OL Dru Samia: DNP (Practice Squad)
(W 25-20 at Chicago)
- RB Kennedy Brooks: DNP (Practice Squad)
- QB Jalen Hurts: Completed 22 of 37 passes for 315 yards, 2 interceptions, 17 rushes for 61 yards, 3 rushing touchdowns
- OL Lane Johnson: Started at right tackle
- OL Tyrese Robinson: DNP (Practice Squad)
(W 24-16 at Carolina)
- S Tre Norwood: 1 assisted tackle
San Francisco 49ers
(W 21-13 at Seattle on Thursday Night)
- OL Trent Williams: Started at left tackle
(L 21-13 vs San Francisco on Thursday Night)
- CB Tre Brown: DNP (Inactive)
(L 20-12 vs NY Giants)
- P Tress Way: 4 punts for 177 yards, 44.3 yards per punt, 2 punts inside the 20, longest punt 65 yards
#Sooners #NFL #Week